Saturday, January 19, 2008

CLOVERFIELD - my experience



I just came back from the movie, "CLOVERFIELD". Surprisingly, we (malaysians) got to watch it first before the official opening in the States.

DON'T WORRY, i am not going to give any SPOILERS here.

For me, i have kept my expectations low when watching this movie and of course braving for any headaches which may suffice during the 1 and half hour show. If you are going to watch this movie, my advice is for you to get good sits at least 10 rows away from the screen. As you all would have known, the movie is about a tape that was retrieved at the 'Central Park' after 'the' incident and it's revealed to you what happened that day.

Since it is produced by JJ Abrams, who also produced LOST - expect to leave the cinema with your own conclusions or with more questions. Some people might give this a thumb-down but i say, this is so much better than I AM THE LEGEND. I am more intrigued at how this movie was planned and filmed.The whole story is being told as if it is really real and happened.

Monsters.
Yes, everyone is guessing what kind of monster and would it be shown in the movie. The answer is yes. You will be able to see the monster.

How was the movie?
My reaction is......wow.....this is so cool. So real. And this is what i call it, 'thinking out of the box'.

Answers?
Even after watching this movie, i dont have anything to tell you coz there is no answer BUT it is still worthwhile to watch it. It has a lot of suspense and it keeps you on the edge of your seats after the first 10mins. I may watch it again...just for the fun of it. Perhaps we can find more answers after it is shown in the States.

3 comments:

Ezray said...

i definitely gonna watch this movie...~!!! XD TQ for the review~!!

Anonymous said...

i watched the trailer and to me it looks like the blair witch project..use videocam and record,seriously to me the blair witch project is annoying but cloverfield would be cool i guess.

About the Sun said...

well, it's something like BWF but this one, seriously..it will blow ur mind away.