Tuesday, January 22, 2008

SWEETBACK


SWEETBACK

I'm in the mood to share some of my favourites this week.
Here is another favourite of mine "SWEETBACK". This gem is hard to find and if you can get your hands on this album, you are consider lucky. I got the original from a second-hand store many yrs back. If i am not mistaken, after a few yrs frm their debut album, they came out with another called Stage 2. It's hard to find either but you can always get it in Amazon.com.

I like to listen to this after rave party last time. It helps to really chill down. I still remember by the last song...i could see the morning light and my whole body was aching and ready to sleep. Ah..one of the song is damn mellow, it could just drag your emotion down. It's called 'Walk of Ju'. And i got it here for you to listen :)
Walk of Ju

Who are they?
Sweetback is three-quarters of the Sade band, without that lady: Andrew Hale (piano, keyboards, programming), Stuart Matthewman (guitars, saxophones, programming), and Paul Spencer Denman (bass). Full Bio > Read

To view one of their song featuring Amel Larrieux "You Will Rise" click on the image


If anyone of you have any recommendations on songs that are similar to Sade, Sweetback, Maxwell, do let me know. I would luv to collect them.

No comments: